Saturday 6 August 2011

NEW BLOG!!

Hey, thank you for taking the time out to view my new blog.  I am currently running two blogs simultaneously for the hobbies in my life, but due to the difference between the two areas, I have created separate blogs.

For many years now I have been into various different crafts, having been taught by my own Mum, who was taught by her own Mum. I also take pleasure in teaching my own children.  However, I have never really explored many crafts in depths, and do not appear to be especially 'arty'!! (I didn't inherit that talent unfortunately!).  I have invested a lot of time, effort and money into card making, only to discover that I lack the necessary skills and imagination to create truly unique cards.

But I do seem to have a talent for needlework, I can use a sewing machine, and I thoroughly enjoy cross-stitch.  But I am only a very basic knitter, cannot crochet, or do lace-making, so have decided to make it my mission to teach myself how to do it!!! I hate the idea that these skills may be lost and not passed down to the next generation.  So I will endeavour to make sure that I can teach my own children.

Along the way I will share my experiences of my new crafts, with 'first attempt' photos, and 'finished piece' photos.  I am planning on learning how to do the following:

  • crochet
  • knitting (more than garter and purl stitches!)
  • jewellery making
  • tile mosaics
  • lace making
My other blog is following my ongoing quest to redecorate my house! It is in a state of disrepair and needs a fair amount of redecorating.  But I am undertaking all work on my own, with limited time and a limited budget.  To follow this blog, look up www.debbies-diy.blogspot.com.

I hope that you enjoy following my blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment